Monday 27 February 2012

At my table


Quinoa salad

So, I like to eat, and I like to cook, and I like to be creative. I don't like following rules, so I don't like following recipes- stands to reason, n'est ce pas?

I like healthy food, and I like food that tastes good because I like to eat. But I like to whip up meals quickly. I don't like to have to make special trips to the grocery store. Although I do like finding neat things to cook with. I don't like following recipes. That's like following rules. I like to make things up as I go.

So here's what we had. It was pretty yummy, so I will share it with you.

I wanted to make something with quinoa. So I made up a pot.
I added some olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. You could use almond oil and lemon juice instead.
Then I added some dill and some pepper, and a dash of salt.
I threw in some frozen peas, some chopped yellow pepper, some celery, and some grated carrot. I mean to add cucumber, but I forgot. It would have been a nice addition.


 I thought it needed something. Some slivered almonds.


It was pretty yummy, and very simple to make. You could put whatever vegetables you have on hand. You could use different herbs. I like dill. I thought that would be a switch from the usual Italian herb selection. But you could use whatever strikes your fancy.

  
List of Ingrediants

cooked quinoa
olive oil/almond oil
white balsamic vinegar/lemon juice
frozen peas
yellow pepper
celery
grated carrot
cucumber
slivered almonds
your imagination 

XO jo

No comments: