Monday 16 April 2012

one woman's leftovers....



I have to say that I am not a huge fan of turkey. I don't mind serving up the big bird once in a while, but when there are so many interesting alternatives, why do we always have to have turkey for every holiday meal?

One year I rebelled and I got away with serving something different at Christmas. I stuffed a pork tenderloin with boozy dried fruit. It was fantastic. I will likely never get away with that again though. I'm not sure the rest of the family was as thrilled with my tradition meddling as I was!

The worst part is being stuck with the leftovers for days on end. Even if you buy the smallest turkey, which is what  my mom and I (as the principal meal cooks) do, there are inevitably leftovers. The trick is to turn them into something really yummy and different tasting from the original meal. Here is what I came up with for one meal:





 tortilla shell
leftover turkey
leftover cranberry sauce
slices of brie
 a couple slices of avocado

fold it over and brown in a frying pan for a couple of minutes until brie melts a little.

simple. Not groundbreaking, but super yummy, and a little break from the routine.

xo Jo

No comments: